Stuffed animals are perhaps the most popular toy among children then and now. They are cute, adorable and even provide emotional, mental and physical development and benefits. They are in a way a marriage of fun and function. This is also the most obvious reason as to why parents, relatives, friends and pretty much everyone prefers them as the best gift option.
Now, buying stuffed animals for kids isn’t exactly as chill as it seems. A lot of thought and careful consideration must be had to make sure that the item picked are the best for the recipient. To help everyone with such task, we came up with the following set of reminders. Take a look.
- Beware of the choking hazards. Kids are known to put almost everything inside their mouths. Why? Babies first learn the sense of taste all thanks to the milk they drink from their mothers and so they tend to get acquainted with things using taste up until they learn better. Knowing that they like to put things inside their mouths, it is of massive importance to pick items that are safe. They must not contain toxic chemicals than will do the child wrong should they lick the toy. Also, it has to be huge enough that it won’t fit in their mouths.
- Do away with blunt parts. Some toys come with accessories. Make sure that all of it is free from sharp edges, spikes and similar parts that may cut or puncture the child. Accidents are best avoided rather than fixed.
- Always make it age appropriate. Not all stuffed animals are suited for all age groups. A combination of various factors like size, material, features and the like will spell whether or not a particular toy is suitable for a certain age group. Besides, you can’t expect a one year old to enjoy something that a ten year old would and vice versa.
- Read the label. Apart from the cleaning instructions, do check if there are toxic materials used on the toy. Paint for example must be lead free. Also, it would be best to do your research too. Have there been any recalls on the product? How about the reviews? What are other consumers saying about it?
- Consider longevity and durability. Kids are not the most cautious of beings so it is highly necessary to opt for stuffed animals that are extremely durable, are easy to clean and will stand the test of time and play.